Duration: 3 semesters
ECTS credits: 90
Teaching language: Romanian
The mission of the Master program ‘Forestry Management and Marketing’ is to develop the Master students’ luggage of formal and informal knowledge, to integrate them by original research projects in the general effort of raising awareness on the sustainable management of the forests, under the terms of the market economy, on the rational use of the wood, and on the global danger of deterioration of the forests biodiversity. In accomplishing the Master program mission and objectives, we are going to capitalize the scientific cooperation and partnerships concluded with academic institutions from the country and abroad.
This Master program has the task to train staff who, overpassing the intrinsic issues of each subject, is ready to perform cross-border concepts, synthesizing the knowledge of more subjects and issuing complex projects in the field of forestry which has as subject the ‘forest’ ecosystem’ with a vegetal and an animal component, the objectives and the acquired profile of competencies being developed according to the identified requirements of the labor market and with the national qualification framework.
If the Bachelor studies aim to the acquiring of the competency of executing some usual projects, respectively the drafting of some projects and studies, of harvesting the forest products, the rectification of torrents, the improvement of some deteriorated lands, topometric and cadastral works, the exploitation of the equipment system etc., the Master studies intend to pass from executive competences to conceptual ones of issuing some complex projects and studies, reuniting several subjects or fields, of issuing some programs, regulations, instructions, norms, strategies, of superior interpreting of some data, comprising the mathematical-statistical and informatics tool, of occupying some top management positions, of activity in the field of education and researching, also opening the way in a unitary conception to the higher level of doctoral training.
Field of studies: Forestry
- Theoretical and applied essential knowledge required for solving the dysfunctionalities expressed at the level of the forestry stock;
- Capacity of analyze and synthesis and the inter-disciplinary approach of the destructive phenomena;
- Capacity of diagnosis and prognosis and of implementation of the strategies in the field of the policies stipulated by the EU regulations.
- Creating and developing capacities of empathy in various psychosocial situations;
- Capacity to understand the specificity of the various psychosocial interactions;
- Capacity to analyze the various interactions, as well as of the factors to establishment of their specificity and their influence on the individuals’, groups’ and communities’ activity;
- Creating a behavior compliant with the deontological principles.
- The ability to collaborate/ cooperate with other experts in the performance of some multi- and inter-disciplinary surveys;
- The capacity to adjust to the dynamics of the concrete situation of the destructive phenomena;
- Creating a global vision on the evolution of the forestry stock in order to understand the interaction between various fields of the reality and the inter-influencing between them.
Structure of the Program of Studies
- Marketing / 1semester
- Forestry curtains of protection / 1 semester
- Systems of geographical information (GIS) / 1 semester
- Forestry law and legislation/ 1 semester
- Quality management / 1 semester
- Monitoring the effects of the integrated control in the forestry systems / 1 semester
- Elements of etopathology of the hunting fauna / 1 semester
- Management and marketing of the small and medium enterprises / 1 semester
- Human resources management
- Forestry management / 1 semester
- Modern systems of wood exploitation and transport / 1 semester
- Sustainable management of the hunting and salmonids stock / 1 semester
- Scientific research – methodological aspects / 1 semester